You have discovered all of these wonderful photos of family groups but you are not sure who everybody is and how they may be related. There are some simple steps you can take which can make identification easier.
- Make a copy of the photo and write on it the names of those people you can identify.
- Try and identify the time period by looking at the clothes, the surrounding buildings etc.
- Using what you know already about the family, find out the ages that these relatives may have been at this point in time.
- You can create a digital collage of the faces in the image. Crop each one and put them in separate boxes in the one image. You can then compare the faces and look for similar facial features.
- Look for other photos you may have of this family. Again, look for facial similarities and find the resemblances.
- Ask other relatives for any clues they may have. Check with cousins as they may have similar photos in which people have been identified.